Odin Teatret Film
In 1971 Odin Teatret started its own film production and
- pedagogical films on training and work demonstrations
(Grotowski, Decroux and Odin Teatret);
- documentaries on Odin Teatret's journeys, barters and
encounters with other cultures;
- films and videos of Odin Teatret's performances;
- documentaries on the work sessions of ISTA, International
School of Theatre Anthropology;
- films and videos of contemporary performances, classical and
modern Asian theatres, corporeal mime, clown training and
performances with people with Down's syndrome.
Torgeir Wethal, a founding actor of Odin Teatret, was in charge
of Odin Teatret Film up until his death in July
2010. He wrote, directed and edited many of its films focusing on
the actor´s training in different traditions and on Odin Teatret's
performances and other fields of activity.
One of the tasks of Odin Teatret Film during
these years has been to gather a vast collection of anthropological
films about ceremonies and performances from other cultures. These
are kept in Odin Teatret Archives together
with all our recorded and filmed documentation.
Films, videos and DVDs can be studied at Odin Teatret in
Holstebro or be bought at Odin